SEACHEM Purigen 250ml
Seachem Purigen is a superb filtration media made of premium synthetic adsorbent. The unique macro-porous synthetic polymer effectively removes soluble and insoluble impurities from the water up to 5 times faster than competing filter media.
Seachem Purigen effectively removes ammonia, nitrites, nitrates & more.
- Removes ammonia, nitrites, nitrates in water
- nitrogenous organic waste
- soluble & insoluble wastes
Benefits of Purigen
- Up to 5 times faster than competing filter media
- Minimal impact on trace elements
- Significantly increases redox
- Great water clarity
- Suitable for marine and freshwater
- Easily regenerated and re-use many times, long-term cost saving
How to prepare Purigen
- Rinse before use.
- Place Purigen in fine mesh (180 micron or less) filter bag.
- 250 mL treats up to 1,000 L (250 US gallons) for up to six months.
How to Regenerate Purigen
As it adsorbs waste products, Purigen will darken to dark brown, almost black. Once it is exhausted, it can be regenerated with a solution of bleach and water. The bleach will literally “burn off” the organics stuff on the surface of Purigen.
Difference - bleach vs brine regeneration
Some filter media products can be regenerable with a brine solution. However, brine regeneration only restores ion-exchange. A brine solution will not remove organics, and over time such filter media will be less effective at organic waste absorption. Whereas the bleach burns off even the hardened organic stuffs that remain on the surface of the Purigen filter media, totally restore Purigen to its effective state.